Please click the button below and listen to the Interview given by the Justice for the 21 to the BBC World Service. This has helped to spread the message being put out by Justice 4 The 21 around the world and has brought more support to the cause.
Please click the link below and take a look at the interview given to the Justice Gap. There is a massive gap when it comes to justice, all too often the victims and their families are left without seeing any sort of justice.
Julie has been invited to tell 'my story' on BBC Five Live with Nicki Campbell. This is for Christmas show for it to be broadcast during the Festive Season. The theme being discussed are all things to do with things that end in a '4' .... for us it will be 1974.
She due to go to Manchester to do the recording sometime in December and we will be putting the date and time of the broadcast on here as soon as we know it. We are sure that many of our supporters and friends will tune in to listen. We will try also to record the radio show and get it onto the website for those who miss the live event.
We advise to have plenty of tissues at the ready.
Brian and Julie are going to be interviewed on Monday morning for BBC World Service. This will also be a pre-recorded interview, joining the interview will be Paddy Hill. Many of you may have seen Brian and Julie on Panorama on 18th November. During the programme the Hambleton's were shown during an interview at the Peace Centre in Warrington, with Paddy Hill.
He has stated he will do all he can to help the families gain justice and also to help prove his own innocence as it may appear to many that the Birmingham 6 were set free due to a legal technicality. Paddy has also given the Hambleton's access to all the files his solicitor in London holds in relation to the trial, appeals, evidence. This has been extremely helpful to the families.
The recording will take around 45 minutes but will then be edited down to 15 ready for the broadcast. Hopefully we will get the opportunity to explain our plight with some clarity.
If you have any suggestions as to what we could say to help us keep our monologue sharp and clear for its International audience we would gratefully accept it.
Apparently they have 40 millions listeners and once the programme is put online, it is on there forever! The producer, India (her name) is a very nice lady. She was on the phone to me for 40 minutes yesterday asking me questions about my memories of the evil night and about Maxine.
he Inside Out West Midlands "Who Killed Maxine" Programme really helped highlight the plight the families and those who were injured fell. Please tell your friends about this website, we need 100,000 signatures on our "home page" link to the E-petition. This petition can only be signed by those people who are living in the UK.
The Programme was broadcast on Monday 18th November and can be found on IPlayer but if you live in another area of the country you will need to click on the West Midlands Edition. If any of you technically minded wizards out there can put the programme on YOUTUBE and send us a link we would be most grateful. We would really like to have a copy of it on the website for all to see.
We have a link to another petition via Avazz which is for international supporters.
THESE ARE THE DIRECTIONS MADE BY THE CORONER TO THE BIRMINGHAM PUB BOMBING 1974 INQUEST FOLLOWING THE HEARING OF THE 23RD FEBRUARY 2017
1. These will be Article 2 inquests.
2. A jury will be summoned.
3. The following are listed as Interested Persons, namely:
· Julie Hambleton
· William Craig
· Paul Thrupp
· Paul Rowlands
· Paul Bodman
· Paul Bridgewater
· Michelle Sealey
· Claire Luckman
· Stanley Bennett
· George Jones
· Pauline Curzon
· Sean Reilly
· The Chief Constable of West Midlands Police
4. Other potential Interested Persons should apply for Interested Person status, if so minded, after the decision of the Coroner on scope.
4. 20 (out of 21) post-mortem reports shall be disclosed to potential Interested Persons (but only to those who have signed fresh confidentiality undertakings).
5. Further anticipated disclosure by West Midlands Police, referred to as ‘Submission 6’, shall be provided to the Coroner by 4pm on Friday 24th March 2017.
6. Points raised by KRW Law in their letter to the Coroner dated 13th February 2017 (Submissions) under the heading of ‘Matters for Further Investigation’ (paragraph 6) shall be considered by the Coroner for further investigation.
7. The Coroner instructs his legal team to make further inquiries on the nature and outcome of specific Government searches which were requested by the Senior Coroner in 2016.
8. Matters to be decided after the Coroner’s decision on scope will include, amongst others:
· Applications for Interested Person status
· List of witnesses, including expert witnesses
· Jury bundle
· Questions for potential jurors (at time of summons and at time of swearing in)
· Length of inquests
9. Date of next Pre-Inquest Review Hearing to be on Wednesday 31st May 2017.
10. Submissions to the Coroner on scope (and other matters) to be provided by Interested Persons and potentially Interested Persons by 4pm on Wednesday 10th May 2017. Submissions by the Coroner’s legal team to be provided by 4pm on Friday 19th May 2017.
11. Provisional date of further Pre-Inquest Review hearing, to include the submissions on the matters set out in §8 above, on Thursday 29th June 2017.
12. Date of the commencement of the inquest hearings intended for late September 2017.